Customer Care for Customers with Special Needs: Going the Extra Mile
- Gain knowledge of different types of disabilities and accessibility needs, and the importance of understanding and respecting each customer's unique needs and preferences.
- Learn Effective Communication Techniques and how to assist disabled customers in a respectful and helpful manner.
- Learn good practices for serving people with specific impairments and health conditions.
- Develop positive and respectful behavior when interacting with disabled customers and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Develop empathy, active listening, and sensitivity to appropriate language and terminology when referring to customers with disabilities.
- Learn how to adapt and be flexible in different situations and understand and follow safety procedures when interacting with service providers.
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT:
"We believe that everyone deserves the same level of exceptional customer service, regardless of their needs and abilities."
Disability Customer Service is an important aspect of providing Excellent Customer Service to all individuals. It involves understanding and meeting the needs of customers with disabilities in a way that is inclusive, equitable, and accessible. This includes training employees on how to effectively communicate and interact with customers with disabilities.
By attending a Customer Care Course for Customers with Special Needs, employees will gain a better understanding of the needs of customers with disabilities and learn how to provide more effective and inclusive customer service.
Disability Customer Service is an important aspect of providing excellent customer service to all individuals. Attending a Customer Care Course for Customers with Special Needs can provide employees with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively serve customers with disabilities. This can lead to a number of benefits for both customers and businesses, including increased customer loyalty and satisfaction and can open up new customer markets, such as customers with disabilities who may have previously been excluded.
Understanding Disability and Accessibility
- Overview of Different Types of Disabilities and Accessibility Needs
- Understanding and Respecting Each Customer's Unique Needs and Preferences
Communication and Interaction
- Speak Directly to the Customer, not Through a Companion
- Clear and Simple Language
- Empathy and Active Listening
- Patience and Understanding
- Extra Time For Communication
- How to Assist Disabled Customers in a Respectful and Helpful Manner
- Offer Assistance, but Wait for the Customer to Accept
- Follow the Customer's Lead and Instructions
- Addressing Specific Accessibility Needs (E.G. Sign Language Interpretation, Braille Materials)
Disability Customer Service
- Tips for Building Rapport and Trust
- Understanding and Respecting Boundaries and Personal Space
- Use of Appropriate Language and Terminology
- The Importance of Privacy and Confidentiality
- The Ability to Adapt and be Flexible in Different Situations, as Every Customer with a Disability May Have Unique Needs or Preferences
- Provide Clear and Accurate Information About Products, Services and The Company's Policies
- Recognize and Respond to Nonverbal Cues and Signals
Good Practice for Serving People with Specific Impairments and Health Conditions
- Understanding and Addressing the Specific Needs of Customers With
- Visual Impairments
- Hearing Impairments
- Mobility Impairments
- Speech Impairments
- Avoiding Assumptions and Stereotypes
- Using Appropriate Language and Terminology
- Providing Privacy and Confidentiality
Universal Access Policy for Disabled Guests by DTCM Guidelines
Role-Playing and Simulations
- Practicing Customer Interactions in a Safe, Controlled Environment
- Feedback and Coaching From Trainers or Experienced Employees
COURSE DURATION: TWO DAYS