- What we mean by the term “marketing.”
- Describe the essential elements of a Marketing Plan, no matter the size of the business
- Apply tools and strategy to create a Marketing Plan that supports the growth of your business
- Use six steps to create, implement, and review a Marketing Plan
- Leverage the best of Internet and social media marketing
- How to use publicity to get your name known.
- Develop a marketing plan and a marketing campaign.
- Use time rather than money to market company effectively.
- How to perform a SWOT analysis.
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT:
"Marketing is not the art of finding customers for your product but the art of finding products for your customers." - Seth Godin
Marketing is a dynamic and ever-changing field, with new technologies and trends emerging constantly. As a result, professionals in the field must stay current with the latest developments and techniques in order to be successful.
Marketing is the process of identifying, anticipating, and satisfying customer needs and wants through the creation, promotion, and distribution of products and services. The goal of marketing is to increase revenue and profitability by understanding and meeting the needs of customers.
Effective Marketing Skills is about getting your business known and building your position within the marketplace. This two-day workshop will help to develop marketing message, create a marketing plan, and apply the right strategies, and will show you how to get maximum exposure at minimum cost. You will learn effective, low-cost, and non-cost strategies to improve sales, develop your company’s image, and build your bottom line.
- The Definition of Marketing and Other Key Terms
Elements of a Successful Marketing Message
- Defining Marketing
- The Four Elements of a Strong Message
- Your USP
- Making Connections
- Building the Relationship
- Influence and Persuasion
- Testing and Revising
The Marketing Cycle
- Marketing Essentials
- Stage One: Consumer and Market Analysis
- Stage Two: Analyzing the Competition
- Stage Three: Analyzing Distribution Channels
- Stage Four: Creating a Marketing Plan
- Bringing it All Together
Identifying Marketing Strategies
- Key Marketing Strategies
- Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck
- Top Ten Strategies for Success
- Identifying Opportunities
- A Simple Marketing Plan
Implementing Your Plan
- Implement, Evaluate, Review, and Revise the Marketing Plan
- What is a Marketing Budget?
- Four Rules for Establishing Your Budget
- Managing Your Budget
Internet Marketing Basics
- Why Internet Marketing is Important
- What It Looks Like
- Popular Strategies
- Sharing Messages
- E-mail Marketing
- What is SEO?
- Leveraging Social Media
- How To Determine Whether an Idea is a Trend or a Fad
- Primary and Secondary Research
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Both Methods
Strategies for Success
- Top Ten Strategies for Success
- Identify What They are Currently Doing
- What They Could Be Doing to Make Their Marketing More Successful
- A Discussion on Mission Statements
- Participants Will Critique Brochures and Develop Some Guidelines to Take Back to the Office
- Why Attend a Trade Show?
- Preparing for a Trade Show
- A Checklist of Activities to Do Before, During, and After a Trade Show
Developing a Marketing Plan
- The P’s of a Good Marketing Plan
- SWOT Analysis
- A Simple Marketing Plan for Small Budgets
- A Formula for Increasing Sales
Saying No to New Business
- Why and When Should Say No To a Customer
- Explore Some Advertising Myths
- The Keys To Successful Networking
COURSE DURATION: THREE DAYS