WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is suitable for any professional in the private, public or third sectors looking to improve the structure of his or her written documents in order to provide readers with clear, fluent documents that can easily be followed from beginning to end.
Participants should already have a sound command of written English and grammar, Or complete Business Writing Skills course before taking this Programme.
- How to make your writing clear, complete, concise, and correct
- How to improve sentence construction and paragraph development
- How to deal with specific business requests
- How to create effective business cases, letters, and documents
- How to thoroughly document sources that you use in your writing
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
In order for your writing to be immediately appealing to an audience, it must be perfectly crafted to move readers along as smoothly as possible. Your audience demands easy access to the information they want to find through their efforts of reading. Our Advanced Writing Skills programme is focused on the importance of producing “reader-centric” writing. We believe that readers will understand and retain information if language, meaning, and intention are successfully expressed by the writer. And provide the delegates with methods for producing clear and concise writing to entice their audience to continue reading.
Writers who become professionals in their trade have developed their skills through practice and experience. Organizations and businesses that invest financial resources to educate their personnel in developing advanced writing skills will experience positive, measurable results.
- Writing Clearly
- Writing Concisely
- Making Connections
- Writing Correctly
- Choosing Your Sources
- A Close Look At The Proper Length Of Paragraphs
- What A Paragraph Should Contain
- How To Order Paragraphs
- Building Paragraphs
- Proper Paragraphs
- Making Connections
- Dealing With Specific Requests
- Hands-On Practice With Writing Letters
- Types Of Letters
- Keeping It Real
- Preparing Business Documents
- Where Would You Start?
- Business Cases
- Requests For Proposals
- Participants Will Apply What They Have Learned To Their Own Writing
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Practical Exercises On Writing Skills
COURSE DURATION: TWO DAY