- Better organize yourself and your workspace for peak efficiency.
- Understand the importance of, and the most useful techniques for, setting and achieving goals.
- Set and meet deadlines effectively.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Identify the right things to be doing and develop plans for doing them.
- Learn what to delegate and how to delegate well.
- Take control of things that can derail your workplace productivity.
- Understand the various types of activities that can waste time, such as unnecessary meetings, unimportant emails and phone calls, and other distractions.
- Identify personal time wasters and develop strategies for avoiding them.
- Use time management techniques and tools, such as time blocking, to prioritize tasks and eliminate time wasters.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and others to minimize unnecessary meetings and other interruptions.
- Set clear boundaries and priorities to protect time for important tasks.
- Understand the impact of time wasters on productivity and overall work-life balance.
- Reflect on and learn from the Time Management process to improve future skills.
- Understand the role of Time Management in achieving personal and professional success.
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT:
"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back." - Harvey MacKay
"Time and tide wait for no man." - Geoffrey Chaucer
Time is money, the saying goes, and lots of it gets lost in disorganization and disruption. We also deal with a constant barrage of technology, people, and tasks that can contribute to that disorganization. Many people find that they flit from one task to another, trying to get everything done.
Time wasters can take many forms, such as unnecessary meetings, unimportant emails and phone calls, and other distractions that disrupt focus and prevent individuals from completing important tasks. By managing time wasters, individuals can better prioritize their time and focus on the most important tasks, leading to increased efficiency and productivity. Additionally, Time Management can help to reduce stress and improve overall work-life balance.
In this workshop, you will learn how to make the most of your time by getting a grip on your workflow and office space, using your planner effectively, and delegating some of your work to other people and limiting time wasters.
The Power of a Change
- Your Bucket List
- Identify Areas Where you Want to Change your Time Management Approach
Changing Our Perspective
- Making Changes
- Four Priorities That We Find To Be Most Neglected:
- Connecting With People
- Case Study.
- Another Day at the Office
- The Dot Exercise
- Setting Goals with SPIRIT
Planning Tips and Tricks
- Planning Tools
- Planning a Get-Together
Setting up a Routine
- How Routines Can Help Managing Time
Doing it Right
- Being Brave and BOLD
- Case Study
Putting an End to Procrastination
This session will give participants some ways to tackle those tasks that they have been putting off.
- A Plan to Organize Work Area
Organizing Your Files
- Ways to Manage Paper and Electronic Files, Including E-Mail
- Sorting Based on File Type
- The Batching Technique
The Importance of Avoiding Time Waster
- Identifying Personal Time Wasters
- Reflect on Own Habits and Identify Activities That Waste Time and Interfere With Productivity
- Understanding Different Types of Time Wasters
- Common Time Wasters
- Unnecessary Meetings, Unimportant Emails and Phone Calls, and other Distractions
- Developing Strategies for Avoiding Time Wasters
- Communicating Effectively to Minimize Time Wasters
- Setting Boundaries and Priorities to Protect Time for Important Tasks
Managing Your Workload
- Managing E-mail
- Case Study: Mary Marvelous
- Workload Analysis
- A 168-hour Plan to See Where Time is Being Used Up
Conclusion and Next Steps
- Participants Review The Key Takeaways From The Training and Discuss Next Steps For Continuing to Improve Time Management Skills
COURSE DURATION: TWO DAYS
"The time management proved very valuable to our business and we have seen increased productivity and time awareness within the team since implementing the techniques suggested in the course."