WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is intended for anyone facing decisions in the workplace
By the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- How to apply problem solving steps and tools
- How to analyze information to clearly describe problems
- Explore and define the problem systematically by viewing it from different angles and search for root causes
- Use a number of established brainstorming techniques to search for solutions by maximising idea generation, participation and creativity
- Ways to think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem solving team
- How to select the best approach for making decisions
- How to create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions
- Ways to avoid common decision-making mistakes
- Use problem solving techniques to address issues as a group
- Use good decision making processes to get the best out of your decisions
- Make decisions based on problem analysis using a common currency and calculate the net benefits
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
In just about any industry or any role, we are almost constantly involved in solving problem. It is what makes humanity progress forward by constantly searching for better solutions to common problems or new solutions to new problems as our societies become more complex.
We make decisions and solve problems continually. We start making decisions before we even get out of bed. Sometimes, we will have made as many as 50 decisions by the time we leave for work. Despite all the natural decision making that goes on and the problem solving we do, some people are very uncomfortable with having to make decisions. You may know someone who has a hard time making decisions about what to eat, never mind the internal wrestling they go through in order to take on major decisions at work. Likewise, we’ve probably all looked at a solution to something and said, “I could have thought of that.” The key to finding creative solutions is not just creativity, although that will certainly help. The answer rests in our ability to identify options, research them, and then put things together in a way that works. Having a process to work through can take the anxiety out of problem solving and make decisions easier. That’s what this three-day workshop is all about.
- Why People Fail In Solving Problems?
- What Are The Helpful Attitudes That Can Help To Solve Problems More Efficiently?
- What Are The Ideal Roles In A Productive Meeting?
- What Techniques Help To Improve Problem Solving?
- What Techniques Are Helpful In Systematically Exploring A Problem Domain?
- How To Search For Root Causes Of Problems And Visualise This Using A Powerful Technique?
- Factors That Help Effective Decision Making
- 6 C’s Of Decision Making
- Inherent Personal Traps
- Conceptual Blocks To Creativity
- Types Of Conceptual Blocks
- Barriers To Creativity
- Three Components Of Creativity
- Thinking Outside The Box
- Tools For Creating New Ideas
- Attribute Listing
- Tools For Defining Problems
- Kipling Method
- Problem Statement
- Challenge Method
- 6 Thinking Hats
- Creating A Creative Climate
- Problem Solving Styles
- Steps In Problem Solving
- Defining The Problem
- Identifying Success Criteria
- Understanding The Problem Environment
- Generating Alternative Solutions
- Analyzing Facts, Hidden Assumptions, And Unexpected Impacts
- Tips For Building Up Your Problem-Solving Toolbox
- Tools For Understanding Complex Situations
- Cause & Effect Diagrams
- System Diagrams
- SWOT Analysis
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Role Plays
- Variety Of Games
- Action Plan
COURSE DURATION: THREE DAY