WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who feels there are not enough hours in the day to complete their workload!
By the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Prioritize and implement their To-Do's
- Limit distractions and Interruptions
- Use Time Blocks for optimum effectiveness
- Increase the amount of face time with others
- Plan effectively and organize paper work
- Gain a balance between professional goals and personal time
- Use time management tools more effectively
- Set goals and prioritize them to determine if activities are time & goal directed
- Apply a critical path network system to estimate time and activities required for reaching objectives
- Saying No with confidence & refuse unreasonable requests
- Implement effective resource management
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
Time is a valuable resource for any professionals. Inefficient use of time means wasted money and missed business opportunities. This course will teach working professionals how to effectively and efficiently make the most of their work time. It is highly participative and encourages the practice of new skills throughout.
At the program's conclusion, participants will have an understanding of Time Management techniques: using a todo list, prioritizing the items on it, stopping procrastinating, and working better with others through delegation.
- Understanding The Time Management Skills
- How Good Is Your Time Management?
- Getting Started
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Clearing The Clutter
- Understand The Causes For Not Managing Time Properly
- Why And How To Manage Time
- Importance And Value Of Managing Time
- Objectives Where Do You Want To Be?
- Personal And Business Goals
- Prioritising Activities Urgency And Importance
- Evaluate Current Usage Of Time
- Keeping A Time Log
- Identifying Your Personal Time Wasters
- Dealing With Interruptions
- Organising Work & Managing Meetings
- Daily/Weekly Planning
- Effective Time Management Systems
- Different Meetings For Different Purposes
- Structure And Control
- A Self-Scoring Instrument That Describes A Person’s Time Management Style
- Their Attitude And Time Management
- Goal Settings
- Analyzing, Planning And Scheduling
- Meetings & Paperwork
- Delegation & Time Teamwork
- Action Planning
- Assertiveness Skills For Prioritizing Tasks:
- Defining Assertive, Aggressive And Submissive Behaviour
- The Value Of Assertiveness In The Workplace
- Verbal Aspects Of Behaviour & Adopting Assertive Body Language
- Developing Your Skills When Giving And Receiving Feedback
- Saying 'No' To Unreasonable/Unrealistic Demands
- Setting Objectives & Agreeing Deadlines With Others
- Telling Others What You Want Asking For Things
- Expressing Opinions Effectively Getting People To Listen
- Action Plan & Continuous Improvement
- Preparing A Personal Action Plan To Support Your Return To The Workplace
This course is provided through the use of case studies, brainstorming, trainer talk and demonstration, small group discussions with exercises and debriefing, group assignments, application to real life situation, and simulations. The trainees get a first-hand experience of actual world and learn to be adaptable, quick thinkers, and risk and change handlers. The course incorporates a methodology called “STAD Learning (Show, Tell, Ask, Do)”.
"The time management proved very valuable to our business and we have seen increased productivity and time awareness within the team since implementing the techniques suggested in the course."
COURSE DURATION: TWO DAY