WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is intended for managers, team leaders, directors, project managers, supervisors and staff in all industries—and anyone who has influence over the creation, adoption and implementation of new products, services and processes.
By the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the difference between creativity and innovation
- Recognize their own creativity
- Build their own creative environment
- Explain the importance of creativity and innovation in business
- Apply problem-solving steps and tools
- Use individual and group techniques to help generate creative ideas
- Implement creative ideas
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
Creative thinking and innovation are vital components in both our personal and professional lives. However, many people feel as though they are lacking in creativity. What most of us do not recognize is that we are creative on a daily basis, whether it’s picking out what clothes to wear in the morning or stretching a tight budget at work. While these tasks may not normally be associated with creativity, there is a great deal of creativity involved to get those jobs done.
While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. If you fall into the latter category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognizing and honing your own creative potential is a process. That’s what this two-day workshop is all about.
- What Is Creativity And Innovation?
- Define Creativity And Innovation
- Know Your Creative Potential
- Know Yourself
- Boost Your Creative Juices
- Review Of Creative And Innovative Abilities
- Developing The Right Environment For Creativity
- What Does a Creative Environment Look Like?
- Build A Creative Environment
- Creativity And Innovation In Business
- The Role of Creativity and Innovation in Business
- The Birth of the Four Seasons: A Case Study
- How Creativity And Innovation Can Have Tangible Business Results
- Where Does Creativity Fit Into The Problem Solving Process?
- A Traditional Problem-Solving Model And A Creative Problem Solving Model
- Problem Identification
- Eight Essentials to Defining a Problem
- Tie It All Together
- Using the Power of Eight
- A Crucial First Step Before Problem Solving Can Begin
- In-Depth Look At Some Creative Thinking Techniques. Topics Will Include The:
- The RAP Model
- The Shoe Swap Technique
- Walk A Mile
- Using Mind Mapping
- Map It Out!
- Metaphors and Analogies
- Make a Metaphor
- Situation/ Solution Reversal
- Reverse It to Solve It
- Bring on the Toys!
- Draw It Out!
- Encouraging Creativity In A Team
- Focus On Team Creativity Techniques, Including:
- Plan It Out!
- Act It Out!
- The Stepladder Technique
- The Slip Writing Technique
- Nancy Clue and the Case of the Software Upgrade
- Create Ideas and Choose Your Solution
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Role Plays
- Action Plan
COURSE DURATION: TWO DAY