Emergency & Business Continuity Management
- Understanding of the key concepts and principles of Emergency and Business Continuity Management.
- Knowledge of the various Emergency Scenarios that can occur and the appropriate response measures.
- Ability to develop and implement Emergency and Business Continuity Plans.
- Familiarity with risk assessment and management techniques.
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of emergency management and business continuity teams.
- Knowledge of emergency communication and alert systems.
- Familiarity with disaster recovery and incident response procedures.
- Skill in conducting drills and exercises to test emergency and business continuity plans.
- Develop the ability to lead an organization through an emergency or business disruption.
- Develop the ability to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of emergency and business continuity plans
- Understand the concept of resiliency and its role in emergency and business continuity management.
- Familiarity with the latest technology and tools used in emergency and business continuity management.
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT:
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." - Benjamin Franklin
Emergency & Business Continuity Management training course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disruptions that may impact an organization. The course focuses on the key components of an emergency and business continuity plan, including risk assessment, incident response, and recovery strategies. Participants will learn about the various types of threats that organizations may face, and how to assess their potential impact.
The course will cover the development of incident response procedures and protocols, as well as the importance of testing and maintaining emergency and business continuity plans to ensure readiness in the event of an emergency. Communication is a crucial aspect of emergency and business continuity management, and participants will learn about the role of communication in emergency management and how to effectively communicate with stakeholders during an emergency.
Participants will also gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements related to emergency and business continuity management. The course will also cover leadership in emergency management, including leading an organization through an emergency or business disruption. The course will also provide participants with the ability to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of emergency and business continuity plans. Additionally, the concept of resiliency and its role in emergency and business continuity management will be discussed. The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures, group discussions, case studies, and hands-on exercises.
Introduction to Emergency & Business Continuity Management
- Overview of Emergency and Business Continuity Management
- The Importance of Emergency and Business Continuity Management for Organizations
- Key Components of an Emergency and Business Continuity Plan
Risk Assessment and Hazard Identification
- Types of Hazards And Threats That Organizations May Face
- Identifying Potential Hazards and Threats
- Assessing the Potential Impact of Hazards and Threats on the Organization
- Developing a Risk Management Strategy
Incident Response and Recovery
- Development of Incident Response Procedures and Protocols
- Importance of Testing and Maintaining Emergency and Business Continuity Plans
- Strategies for Recovering From an Emergency or Disruption
Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Role of Communication in Emergency and Business Continuity Management
- Communicating With Internal and External Stakeholders During an Emergency
- Crisis Communication Planning and Implementation
Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Understanding the Legal and Regulatory Requirements Related to Emergency and Business Continuity Management
- Compliance With Relevant Laws and Regulations
Leadership in Emergency Management
- Leading an Organization Through an Emergency or Business Disruption
- Developing Emergency Management Leadership Skills
- Understanding the Role Of Incident Command System (ICS) During an Emergency
Evaluating and Improving Emergency and Business Continuity Plans
- Analyzing and Evaluating the Effectiveness of Emergency And Business Continuity Plans
- Identifying Opportunities For Improvement and Implementing Changes
- Continual Improvement of Plans and Procedures
- Understanding the Concept of Resiliency and Its Role in Emergency and Business Continuity Management
- Developing Resilient Organizational Practices
- Building a Culture of Preparedness
Case Studies and Hands-On Exercises
- Applying Emergency and Business Continuity Management Concepts Through Real-World Scenarios
- Participating in Group Exercises and Discussions to Reinforce Learning
Conclusion and Next Steps
- Summary of Key Takeaways and Future Considerations
COURSE DURATION: THREE DAYS